We Are MCR
Medical Center Radiologists (MCR) is the largest radiology practice in Southeast Virginia, providing radiology services to Hampton Roads for nearly 60 years. Our board certified physicians provide a complete range of imaging services to four hospitals and six imaging centers in Hampton Roads. MCR has fellowship-trained subspecialists throughout the many areas of imaging, allowing us to provide you with exceptional care. We are the primary radiology practice for Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS). As faculty at EVMS, our experts are involved in educating radiology residents and fellows as well as medical students. MCR is a group of physicians and educators dedicated to providing outstanding care to our patients.
Why Choose Us?
- MCR staffs our breast centers with fellowship-trained mammographers.
- Our interventional radiologists are the local leaders in minimally invasive cancer therapies.
- Subspecialized interpretation of your MRI, CT, PET/CT and other exams.
- We are the only full-service radiology practice in Hampton Roads with complete 24/7 coverage of our hospitals by only our doctors. Our experts, not an unknown night-shift radiologist in another state or country, will always read your scans. We are a part of this community, and are dedicated to that fact.
Breast Imaging Centers dedicated to providing the best care possible
MCR staffs dedicated breast centers at Sentara Norfolk General, Sentara Leigh, and Bon Secours Harbour View Health Center. Our caring, fellowship-trained mammographers provide a complete range of breast imaging services. Whether you need a screening mammogram or MRI-guided breast biopsy, MCR physicians are highly experienced and work closely with area primary care physicians and breast surgeons.
Full range of interventional radiology procedures
MCR is the area leader in providing minimally invasive procedures to diagnose and treat diseases. We offer a wide range of cancer-related services including Mediport access catheters, image-guided biopsies, chemoembolization and cryoablation treatments. Our radiologists were among the first in the area to offer vertebral augmentation with kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty. A wide range of other services is also available including:
- Uterine artery embolization (UAE)
- Varicose vein evaluation and treatment
- Balloon angioplasty/stent placement
- Gastrostomy/Gastrojejunostomy catheters
- Other procedures related to liver and kidney diseases
Subspecialized radiologists use expert knowledge to provide the highest quality
Medical Center Radiologists are all board certified in diagnostic radiology by the American Board of Radiology. With fellowship training in essentially all areas of radiology, our doctors are able to provide you the highest level of care. Area orthopaedic surgeons, neurologists, breast surgeons, pediatricians, oncologists, and other physicians know they can trust MCR to help them care for their patients.
Sometimes patients and physicians need imaging services at night. A MCR radiologist is always on duty; available to interpret scans for our hospitals and ERs or for consultations from our referring physicians. At your time of greatest need and concern, MCR is there.
Striving to always exceed the expectations of our patients, colleagues, and health care system partners.