Medical Center Radiologists offers the premier Interventional Radiology services in the Tidewater area.
- MCR is the only practice to offer ALL available cancer therapies. This allows us to work with your oncology team to provide the best treatment or combination of treatments tailored to your specific needs.
- MCR is the only practice that participates in a liver tumor board with a team of medical, surgical, and radiation oncologists to ensure that all treatment strategies are considered.
- MCR is the only practice in which all invasive procedures are performed by board certified radiologists with additional fellowship training and board certification in Interventional Radiology.
- MCR is the only local practice to provide services at a level 1 trauma/ referral center. This ensures that our physicians are used to caring for patients in need of urgent and emergency care as well as those with complex health issues.
- MCR is the only local practice running an Interventional Radiology residency program. This ensures that our physicians are up to date on the latest treatment advances. MCR interventional radiologists are all faculty at Eastern Virginia Medical School.
- MCR is the only practice to have a fully staffed clinic. The clinic is where you will meet your doctor to discuss what treatments may be best for you. The clinical staff will coordinate all of your care, communicate with other members of your healthcare team and make sure you always have a way to keep in touch with us.
- MCR’s Interventional Radiologists have greater than 75 years of combined experience, keep up to date on leading edge therapies, and have treated thousands of cancer patients.
- Cancer / Oncology
- Palliative Medicine and Pain Management
- Men’s Health
- Women’s Health
- Musculoskeletal Procedures
- Neuro Interventional Procedures
Interventional radiology (also known as IR) is the minimally invasive, image-guided treatment of medical conditions that once required open surgery. By harnessing the power of advanced imaging (ultrasound, X-rays, CAT scans, MRI scans and other innovative methods), interventional radiologists can see inside your body and treat complex conditions—even cancer—less invasively and with unprecedented precision.
Interventional radiologists are on the front lines of clinical advances and use of the latest image-guided technologies. They are board-certified physicians who are trained in both radiology and invasive therapies.
Most IR procedures can be performed with just local numbing medicine or under conscious sedation. Conscious sedation, also known as moderate sedation, is a minimally depressed state-of-mind in which the patient becomes less aware of the treatment being performed but is still able to control breathing, reflexes and able to respond to commands or touch.
Interventional radiologists work across the body to deliver minimally invasive treatments for a variety of conditions. Most of which can be performed on an outpatient basis.
Our Interventional Radiologists